BCLS Mission Statement
"Our libraries are cultural hubs that transform our community by providing vital opportunities connecting people, ideas, and information."
- Normal hours have resumed at all branches. Book drops, inside and curbside services are available!
- A mask is required to be worn to enter and while inside the library. Masks are available, if needed.
- Read our COVID-19 Response plan here.
- Per updated CDC recommendations, returned materials are quarantined for up to 3 days before items are checked in. No fines will accrue, although they will still appear as checked out on your card.
- We are currently unable to accept materials donations (books, media, etc.).
Including all four branches, more than 25,000 people walk through our doors each month for programs, computer use, meetings, research and entertainment.
The bus stops within a block or two of both the Sage and Wirt libraries in Bay City.
The Friends of the Bay County Library System is a great volunteer organization made up of community members who are passionate about their libraries. The Friends primary purpose is to raise money for library activities, act as library ambassadors in the community, and assist with millage campaigns. Please click on the Friends page for more information and how to join.
The library is funded primarily through a county wide millage. Some funds also come from state aid, penal fines, and donations.