With schools closed, we are sharing some educational resources for children and families:
Watch a virtual storytime:
Miss Dani, one of our children’s librarians, has created a YouTube channel to present virtual storytimes.
Discover the library's digital collections:
Have your library card number and PIN handy as you may need them to access these resources:
- OverDrive (downloadable eBooks and audiobooks)
- Hoopla (downloadable/streaming movies, TV, eBooks, audiobooks, music, comics)
- RBdigital (downloadable digital magazines)
- Tumblebooks (streaming books for children)
For answers to frequently asked questions about our digital collections, read this page on our website.
Explore Michigan's amazing cultural institutions, compiled by the Michigan Alliance for Cultural Accessibility:
- Arab American National Museum - Collections Online
- Detroit Historical Society - Online Collection
- Detroit Institute of Arts Collections / DIA Virtual Field Trip
- DSO Replay Concert Archive (streamable videos of past concerts at Orchestra Hall. Includes past Education concerts designed for K-12 students)
- Ford Piquette Avenue Plant Virtual Tour
- Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park: follow their Facebook page for virtual visits daily at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts - 2020 Young Artists of Kalamazoo County
- Meadow Brook Hall - History at the Hall
- Michigan Science Center Virtual Tour
- The Henry Ford - Ways to Engage Online
- Midland Center for the Arts - #MakeArtVirtual Campaign - daily content at 2 pm on weekdays, plus other ongoing content